The ambition for Station Hill is to deliver an outstanding regeneration project that will create a new gateway for Reading. A mixed-use development, it will become a new district – fusing contemporary living, working, leisure and open community space.
The residents of Reading have seen three applications for Station Hill approved over the past 15 years. Now, more than ever, the site deserves a development of utmost quality and scale. A development which not only meets Reading Borough Council’s aspiration for revitalising the town centre, but also delivers social and economic value for the community.
The Station Hill redevelopment is finally under way and once complete will provide a truly mixed-use, sustainable development for the benefit of all. The mix of uses across the project offers new homes, assisted living accommodation, a hotel and flexible high-tech office space delivered as world class commercial buildings. The public realm in and around the site will be activated by restaurants, retail, food halls, community and leisure spaces designed to act as the framework for a holistic experience where people will live, work, play and relax. The redevelopment of Station Hill is set within over 2 acres of new public realm, designed to be accessible to all users and to offer a variety of experiences. The new Pocket Park adjacent to the station incorporates areas of play, adventure and rest whilst a new public plaza at the heart of the development will provide a stage for curated events and performances throughout the year. The public realm has been designed to merge with the surrounding area, include a bridge link over Garrard Street.
Founded in 1965, Lincoln Property Company is one of the most respected real estate developers, investors and managers in the US and Europe.
• The No.1 ranked developer in the US
• The second largest Build to Rent operator in the US
• Lincoln provides focus, performance, consistency and stability to its communities, clients and employees. It has dedicated local offices with management teams that know their communities. It has a track record in pushing the boundaries of style, service and innovation to deliver and maintain considered placemaking.
• To date, Lincoln Property Company has developed more than 130 million square feet of commercial space and has over $80 billion in assets under management
• Lincoln has developed more than 212,000 apartment units and currently manages 190,000 units making it one of the largest managers of multi-family / Build to Rent properties in the US, with best-in-class operational expertise
• Lincoln is privately held and one of the largest real estate companies in the United States with more than 8,000 employees
MGT is a pan-European real estate investment manager focused on long-term growth opportunities. Our thematic investment approach is analytical, data driven, and guided by understanding real estate market segmentation and macro demographic trends. This robust, rigorously researched investment methodology incorporates bespoke modelling of population, productivity, economic, employment, education, housing and transport data.
Technological innovation combined with the rapid pace of social change is having a disruptive impact on real estate use. This, in turn, presents challenges and opportunities for investors. In this increasingly complex and interconnected world, our approach to thematic investing is attractive to long-term investors seeking to tap into the growth stories of the future. MGT is based in London with associated offices in Berlin. MGT’s principals, having previously worked together at Europa Capital, have been actively involved in investing more than €11 billion in European real estate since 1995.